Licensed commercial builders were sought by Stonewest in their quest to relocate their business operations away from home. Lack of space and a need to create a professional identity were priorities for this established WA natural stone suppler. This resulted in the purchase a commercial property in Ellenbrook which, incorporated office and storage facilities in one location.
To do this functionally, the installation of a mezzanine was required to increase the floor space. Effectively, providing a first floor work area and additional storage for surplus materials.
The new mezzanine floor plate needed to work cohesively with the intended layout of the ground floor plan of the property. Access was required at both ends of the new floor. This was to allow for internal office and warehouse egress at all times. Placement of the mezzanine framework also needed to consider existing structures. Roller doors, toilet facilities and car parking had to be factored into the overall design.
The office space was then required to be partitioned and separated from the warehouse. There was also a need to provide air-conditioning, electrical and lighting services within the new ceiling space. And, to ensure these services fitted properly within the overall mezzanine construction.
Bellfort are fully qualified commercial licensed fit out builders.
Because of this, we were able to take complete control of this project and deliver it on time and within budget.
To view more completed projects by Bellfort – licensed fit out builders – click here to go directly to our project gallery. You may also like to view other case studies from our website’s blog page.
Extent of Work
The extent of works required to transform the Stonewest commercial property into a working office and warehouse included:
- Ceilings – Installation of new suspended grid and tile to ground and mezzanine office areas.
- Flooring – Installation of the mezzanine floor and staircases to accommodate office and storage loads.
- Building works – Installation of new partitioning, including glazing, to define the new office area.
- Services – New installation of power, data, lighting, fire and security services.
- Furniture – Design and installation of breakout joinery and custom designed executive furniture.
- Mezzanine – Supply and installation of customised mezzanine floor space. Installation of staircases, railings and access gate.
- Project size – 172 sqm
- Project cost – $694.00 sqm
- Programme – 4 weeks